- “This next turbulent phase” – Borders UK CEO David Roche at the BA Conference urges the industry to pull its finger out and address digitisation, among other things.
- Be green, go digital – Dr Michelle Harrison of the Henley Centre raises the envirogolem in her BA Conference speech.
- World Without Oil :: Document Your Life In The New Reality – An ‘alternate reality event’, a political exercise, and an experiment in community storytelling. Very interesting indeed… [via if:book]
- Why E-Books Will Succeed – A rational response to Computerworld from Web Worker Daily [via MobileRead]
- Why e-books are bound to fail – From Computerworld, confusing ebooks with ebook readers…
- “The Web as storytelling medium deserves better than misguided attempts to claim its ascendancy over previous forms” – And other wise words from if:book…
- The ABC’s of GBS: Part 2 – Got Discoverability? Now what? – The OUP’s blog examines the same issues surrounding Google’s online access programme which I’ve recently discussed.
Stop Press for April 30th through May 1st
May 2, 2007