- 6/12/13 DIY Drone Shadows
A Drone Shadow for Dirty Wars, a projection, and a how-to guide.
- 3/12/13 Anatomy of a failed rendition
Private jets, aircraft tracking, and the deportation of Ifa Musawa.
- 15/11/13 Recent Work, November 2013: Render Ghosts, GPS, Landsat.
Writing and making elsewhere
- 31/10/13 #OccupyTheCloud
An installation, and a call to action.
- 14/10/13 How to see through the Cloud
Superstudio's 'Continuous Monument' and Mozilla Webmaker
- 6/9/13 Australia: Drone Shadows, Diagrams, and Political Systems
On secrecy, censorship, and not drawing a drone in Queensland.
- 7/8/13 The Barbican: Unmoored
Another thing about architecture, weather and the internet.
- 18/7/13 Test Match Special and Technological Agency
“The problem with the introduction of technology is the expectation of 100% accuracy”
- 12/6/13 The New Aesthetic and its Politics
On the politics of computation, and seeing clearly
- 11/6/13 Hacking the word
A manifesto/rant about online literatures
- 16/5/13 Drone Shadows and Dispositions
A Drone for Brighton, a work and a talk, and other dispositions.
- 17/4/13 The Secure Transport of Light
On fiber optic networks and the politics of light
- 4/4/13 Whan that Aprille: Work is in Progress
What I've been up to, what's coming up: early 2013 edition.
- 20/2/13 The Iraq Protests Never Happened
A walk in memory of the Iraq War protests.
- 16/1/13 Rorschmap: Street View Edition
The kaleidoscopic world, redux.
- 15/1/13 A Ship Adrift (14/1/2012 – 13/1/2013)
An obituary of a voyager.
- 31/12/12 And that was 2012
- 25/12/12 Awkward Family Photos
Caravaggio at the Met
- 20/12/12 UAV Identification Kit 001
A tool for identification and action.
- 7/12/12 Network criticism
- 6/12/12 Everything wants to be digital
On the necessity of the network.
- 5/12/12 Starbooks and the Death of the Work
Destabilisation and hypercubes.
- 4/12/12 No Dads, No Filters
Acknowledging that the person in the box is us.
- 4/12/12 Impersonating the Machine
Acknowledging the person in the box.
- 3/12/12 Land Art for the Internet
James Turrell, Richard Long, Agnes Denes.
- 26/11/12 Four Greens
Beyonce, Flavin, Drones, Twombly.
- 8/11/12 Dronestagram: The Drone’s-Eye View
Posting the landscapes of drone strikes to Instagram
- 2/11/12 SVA Workshop: Books After Books
A four-day workshop in New York, looking at the design of the electronic book.
- 1/11/12 The New Affect
- 18/10/12 Stories from the New Aesthetic
Videos from an event at the New Museum, New York.
- 16/10/12 Living inside the Machine
Supercomputers and superstructures.
- 11/10/12 Under the Shadow of the Drone
On drawing drones, in London and Istanbul.
- 5/9/12 Work is being done here
A short film about Happenstance.
- 22/8/12 Coming to America
Teaching at NYU, Fall 2012.
- 25/7/12 Frozen Moments
Art, photography, video and animation.
- 24/7/12 The internet considered as a fifth dimension, that of memory
Ramblings on the subject of the network
- 20/7/12 Balloon Mapping, Guimarães
Mapping the European Capital of Culture 2012 with helium balloons.
- 13/7/12 Start-ups and Slash Fiction
Talk from NEXT Berlin 2012, on ways of making meaning and fiction online.
- 11/7/12 Every Book I’ve Ever Made
My talk from the Do Lectures, Spring 2012.
- 10/7/12 A Ship Aground
Observations from a Room for London.
- 2/7/12 The overlapping consensus
Rawls, Jurgenson, Prickett, Krieder, duality.
- 1/6/12 Recent work: GPS, Kindle and GIFs
Articles for ICON and Domus, and a GIF for the Photographer's Gallery.
- 31/5/12 Mapping Workshop, Guimarães
Open mapping the European City of Culture
- 23/5/12 Opinions are non-contemporary
I want to hear about it like I want to hear about your dreams.
- 16/5/12 The dreadful luminosity of everything
- 11/4/12 We Found Love In A Coded Space
Talk from Lift 2012, about the New Aesthetic, concerning literature, sexuality, and collaborating with the network.
- 4/4/12 n/a (Pope Communique #1)
Network Realism -> New Aesthetic -> ?
- 2/4/12 Writing in Newspapers and Magazines
Recent work for the Observer, WIRED and ICON.
- 27/3/12 read/write
Attempting (and failing) to differentiate between things.
- 15/3/12 #sxaesthetic
The New Aesthetic goes to SXSW.
- 27/2/12 CERN
In which I am EXCITED about SCIENCE.
- 22/2/12 Kaleidoscopic Permutations
Agency, history, software, politics.
- 9/2/12 A Ship Adrift
A thing made out of ships, weather and the internet.
- 16/1/12 2012: Let’s Go
Janus-like glancing forwards and back.
- 15/12/11 Hard Times: For Our Times
50 Pirate Works for Charles Dickens.
- 5/12/11 The New Aesthetic: Waving at the Machines
Firing a laser through a cloud of ideas.
- 28/11/11 On Now and Next
A glanceable for radio.
- 1/11/11 Everything is the same only different
A talk from Books in Browsers on augmentation over enhancement.
- 5/10/11 The New Value of Text
There is an increasingly pervasive notion that other forms of media are additive to literature, that they somehow improve it. Because, you know, books are just telling stories, right?
- 19/9/11 Publishing Next: India
A brief report on ebooks and the future of publishing in the subcontinent.
Recent Blog Posts:
- Six Posts about the Present
- Living inside the Machine
- Secret Servers
- New Aesthetic at SXSW
- Waving at the Machines
- The New Value of Text
- Seven Posts about the Future
- Network Realism
- Open Bookmarks
- Drone Shadows
- A Ship Adrift
- Balloon Mapping
- For Our Times: 50 Pirate Works
- Where The F*** Was I?
- Wikipedia Historiography
Observer "New Reading" Columns:
For the latest columns, see the Guardian website
- Networked Fiction
- Digital Prejudices
- Humble Bundle eBooks
- Digital-first Publishing
- Cover Art
- Why eReaders are like Books
- The rise of self-publishing
- Resurrecting lost Classics
- The power of forgetting
- An end to interactivity
- Remixing books
- Ending an ebook
- Adverts in ebooks
- A Humument
- Fan fiction
- The form of the eBook
- eBook Marginalia
- Paying Attention