- 20/9/14 AQD: Remembrancer
Implicated by association, a newspaper for the V&A.
- 8/7/14 Homo Sacer
Changelogs, holograms, and who gets killed.
- 4/7/14 On the Rainbow Plane
On seeing through satellites, and catching them out.
- 29/6/14 Spectacular Sports Visualisations
On football, machine vision, sports and surveillance.
- 11/3/14 #Rorschcam NYC
A hello present to New York City
- 18/12/13 Planespotting
Watching the deportation flights.
- 11/12/13 Surveillance Spaulder
A wearable CCTV detector, with shocking results.
- 6/12/13 DIY Drone Shadows
A Drone Shadow for Dirty Wars, a projection, and a how-to guide.
- 3/12/13 Anatomy of a failed rendition
Private jets, aircraft tracking, and the deportation of Isa Musawa.
- 15/11/13 Recent Work, November 2013: Render Ghosts, GPS, Landsat.
Writing and making elsewhere
- 31/10/13 #OccupyTheCloud
An installation, and a call to action.
- 14/10/13 How to see through the Cloud
Superstudio's 'Continuous Monument' and Mozilla Webmaker
- 6/9/13 Australia: Drone Shadows, Diagrams, and Political Systems
On secrecy, censorship, and not drawing a drone in Queensland.
- 7/8/13 The Barbican: Unmoored
Another thing about architecture, weather and the internet.
- 18/7/13 Test Match Special and Technological Agency
“The problem with the introduction of technology is the expectation of 100% accuracy”
- 12/6/13 The New Aesthetic and its Politics
On the politics of computation, and seeing clearly
- 11/6/13 Hacking the word
A manifesto/rant about online literatures
- 16/5/13 Drone Shadows and Dispositions
A Drone for Brighton, a work and a talk, and other dispositions.
- 17/4/13 The Secure Transport of Light
On fiber optic networks and the politics of light
- 4/4/13 Whan that Aprille: Work is in Progress
What I've been up to, what's coming up: early 2013 edition.
- 20/2/13 The Iraq Protests Never Happened
A walk in memory of the Iraq War protests.
- 16/1/13 Rorschmap: Street View Edition
The kaleidoscopic world, redux.
- 15/1/13 A Ship Adrift (14/1/2012 – 13/1/2013)
An obituary of a voyager.
- 31/12/12 And that was 2012
- 25/12/12 Awkward Family Photos
Caravaggio at the Met
- 20/12/12 UAV Identification Kit 001
A tool for identification and action.
- 7/12/12 Network criticism
- 6/12/12 Everything wants to be digital
On the necessity of the network.
- 5/12/12 Starbooks and the Death of the Work
Destabilisation and hypercubes.
- 4/12/12 No Dads, No Filters
Acknowledging that the person in the box is us.
- 4/12/12 Impersonating the Machine
Acknowledging the person in the box.
- 3/12/12 Land Art for the Internet
James Turrell, Richard Long, Agnes Denes.
- 26/11/12 Four Greens
Beyonce, Flavin, Drones, Twombly.
- 8/11/12 Dronestagram: The Drone’s-Eye View
Posting the landscapes of drone strikes to Instagram
- 2/11/12 SVA Workshop: Books After Books
A four-day workshop in New York, looking at the design of the electronic book.
- 1/11/12 The New Affect
- 18/10/12 Stories from the New Aesthetic
Videos from an event at the New Museum, New York.
- 16/10/12 Living inside the Machine
Supercomputers and superstructures.
- 11/10/12 Under the Shadow of the Drone
On drawing drones, in London and Istanbul.
- 5/9/12 Work is being done here
A short film about Happenstance.
- 22/8/12 Coming to America
Teaching at NYU, Fall 2012.
- 25/7/12 Frozen Moments
Art, photography, video and animation.
- 24/7/12 The internet considered as a fifth dimension, that of memory
Ramblings on the subject of the network
- 20/7/12 Balloon Mapping, Guimarães
Mapping the European Capital of Culture 2012 with helium balloons.
- 13/7/12 Start-ups and Slash Fiction
Talk from NEXT Berlin 2012, on ways of making meaning and fiction online.
- 11/7/12 Every Book I’ve Ever Made
My talk from the Do Lectures, Spring 2012.
- 10/7/12 A Ship Aground
Observations from a Room for London.
- 2/7/12 The overlapping consensus
Rawls, Jurgenson, Prickett, Krieder, duality.
- 1/6/12 Recent work: GPS, Kindle and GIFs
Articles for ICON and Domus, and a GIF for the Photographer's Gallery.
- 31/5/12 Mapping Workshop, Guimarães
Open mapping the European City of Culture
- 23/5/12 Opinions are non-contemporary
I want to hear about it like I want to hear about your dreams.
- 16/5/12 The dreadful luminosity of everything
- 11/4/12 We Found Love In A Coded Space
Talk from Lift 2012, about the New Aesthetic, concerning literature, sexuality, and collaborating with the network.
- 4/4/12 n/a (Pope Communique #1)
Network Realism -> New Aesthetic -> ?
- 2/4/12 Writing in Newspapers and Magazines
Recent work for the Observer, WIRED and ICON.
- 27/3/12 read/write
Attempting (and failing) to differentiate between things.
- 15/3/12 #sxaesthetic
The New Aesthetic goes to SXSW.
- 27/2/12 CERN
In which I am EXCITED about SCIENCE.
- 22/2/12 Kaleidoscopic Permutations
Agency, history, software, politics.
- 9/2/12 A Ship Adrift
A thing made out of ships, weather and the internet.
Recent Blog Posts:
- Six Posts about the Present
- Living inside the Machine
- Secret Servers
- New Aesthetic at SXSW
- Waving at the Machines
- The New Value of Text
- Seven Posts about the Future
- Network Realism
- Open Bookmarks
- Drone Shadows
- A Ship Adrift
- Balloon Mapping
- For Our Times: 50 Pirate Works
- Where The F*** Was I?
- Wikipedia Historiography
Observer "New Reading" Columns:
For the latest columns, see the Guardian website
- Networked Fiction
- Digital Prejudices
- Humble Bundle eBooks
- Digital-first Publishing
- Cover Art
- Why eReaders are like Books
- The rise of self-publishing
- Resurrecting lost Classics
- The power of forgetting
- An end to interactivity
- Remixing books
- Ending an ebook
- Adverts in ebooks
- A Humument
- Fan fiction
- The form of the eBook
- eBook Marginalia
- Paying Attention