Heads-up: I am participating in two events at the London Book Fair next week, both on Monday 11th.
At 11am, in Conference Centre Room 1, Earls Court 1, Cory Doctorow and I are facing up to Richard Charkin, Executive Director of Bloomsbury, and Andrew Franklin, Publisher and Managing Director of Profile Books, in a debate entertainingly titled “Will Publishers Soon Be Irrelevant?”
This will hopefully be amusing.
Later the same day, at 3pm in the Westminster Room, Earls Court 1, I will be chairing a discussion with and presentations from six brilliant international publishers, on behalf of the British Council. The intriguingly dull title is “Digital Publishing Innovation in New Markets“.
Former finalists from the British Council/London Book Fair’s International Young Publishing Entrepreneur (IYPE) award from Malta, Colombia, Mexico, Lebanon, Russia, and India discuss new digital business models and initiatives from their publishing sectors.
- Andrés Barragán, Founder, Puntoaparte
- Joanna El-Mir, Publisher, Samir Editeur
- Leonard Fernandes, Co-Founder, CinnamonTeal Publishing
- Chris Gruppetta, Director of Publishing, Merlin Books
- Shashi Martynova, Co-founder and Executive Director for Magic Bookroom, Editorial Policy and Format Supervisor for Livebook Publishing
- Eduardo Rabasa, Publisher, Sexto Piso Editorial
I know most of these people, and they do amazing things, so you should come and hear them talk about it.
I will also be at the LBF in the more general drinking capacity, so do say hello if you’re around.